101 Mobility COVID-19 Policy
As a brand that serves vulnerable populations (seniors and/or individuals with health conditions), we always take health and hygiene seriously. We have taken additional measures, in accordance with local authorities’ recommendations, to further help prevent the transmission of infectious viruses such as COVID-19.
If you do need to schedule a home visit with us, we can assure you that we are taking steps in accordance with official recommendations to prevent the spread of viruses. We ask that each customer confirm that no members of their household have COVID-19 or have knowingly come in contact with someone who may have COVID-19.
We care about the safety of our employees and our customers. However, at this time, it is impossible for anyone to guarantee that they are not transmitting COVID-19. It is our customers’ responsibility to determine whether to allow visitors to their homes.
We will continue to monitor recommendations from authorities and will update our policy accordingly.
When possible, we are offering virtual consultations with our Mobility Consultants to allow us to continue to serve our customers while eliminating the need for in-person contact. The process is as follows:
- Give us a call and speak with a Mobility Consultant via phone or video chat.
- Our Mobility Consultant will ask you a variety of questions and let you know which pictures to send (via text message or e-mail) or which areas to show via video.
- Based on the information provided, the Mobility Consultant will provide recommendations, send you brochures/video links and other documentation (via e-mail) and even send you a firm quote when possible.
- If you approve the quote, you can send a deposit electronically and we can schedule delivery/installation (continuing to avoid physical contact, if desired).
While installation of many of our accessibility solutions requires one or more of our Mobility Specialists to enter your home, we have a process in place to continue to avoid physical contact. Our process is as follows:
- Our Mobility Specialist will call you when he or she arrives at your home.
- You can look outside to verify it is us. If the installation requires that we enter your home (ex. Stairlift), you can unlock the door then move to another part of the home. If the product will be installed outside (ex. Ramp or Platform Lift) you can remain inside during the installation.
- Regardless of where your product is installed, our Mobility Specialist will minimize the time spent in your home as much as possible. He or she may also clean and wipe the equipment with sanitizer when he is finished if requested.
- After installation, he or she will call to notify you that he or she has finished and will walk you through usage instructions and questions over the phone.
- Any final paperwork or payments can be completed electronically or over the phone.
If you have a stairlift, ramp, platform lift, or other product that needs repairs, we are committed to providing help while continuing to minimize or remove physical contact. Our process is as follows:
- We will attempt to troubleshoot over the phone or video call whenever possible.
- If your repair requires a home visit, we will follow the “No-contact installations” process outlined above.