101 Mobility® is proud to help America’s Veterans. Under the Home Improvements and Structural Alterations (HISA), Veterans may receive “home improvements necessary for the continuation of treatment or for disability access to the home and essential lavatory and sanitary facilities.” We work with Veterans each and every day to help them improve mobility in their homes.
With 101 Mobility® and the HISA, Veterans can:
- Replace all bathroom tubs with shower stalls complete with molded or pull-down seats
- Install non-skid strips or slip-resistant tiles in the shower
- Install grab bars in the shower stalls and toilet area
- Install hand-held showerhead
- Install raised toilet seats
- Install handrails on both sides of the stairs for better support
- Replace carpeting and tile flooring with non-slip/skid type flooring
- Install non-skid rubber strips on the edge of stairs to help prevent falls
- Convert kitchen cabinets into drawers to hold pots and pans for easier access
- Replace doorknobs with lever handles
- Install lever-handle faucets in kitchen and bathrooms
- Consider increasing door opening sizes to as much as 36 to 42 inches
- Install a permanent or portable wheelchair ramp
- Install a stairlift or chairlift
Your local 101 Mobility® location is ready to help you with the need for HISA improvements and alterations. All of our 101 Mobility® locations are GSA Contract Holders and have the experience and knowledge to help you achieve a completely functional and accessible home, customized for your needs.
For more information on how we can help you, please contact your local 101 Mobility® location.