In the Southeast and along the Gulf Coast, the fall is storm and hurricane season. Are you prepared for the upcoming storm season?
Use these few tips from 101 Mobility® to ensure you are prepared for any upcoming storms.
- Check and charge the batteries on your power chair and scooter.
- Bring your wheelchair or scooter inside and keep it secure, covered, and away from windows during heavy storms.
- Don’t forget to have the basics on hand including water, canned goods, flashlights, batteries, a first aid kit, radios, blankets, and pillows.
- Be sure to refill any prescriptions.
- If your vertical lift doesn’t have battery backup, have an alternate plan for exiting your home in case you lose power.
- Charge your cell phone.
- Be sure you have filled your car’s gas tank.
- Bring anything inside that can be blown around by high winds.
After the storms have passed:
- Check ramps for debris.
- Check ramps for stability in case they have shifted.
- Check your car and exterior lifts for damage.
- Drive only if necessary. Avoid flooded areas.
If you are in need of ramp rentals following a storm in your area, please contact your local 101 Mobility® office. We can deliver and install most ramps within 24 hours.